View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 11:11 AM   #63
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapp1236 View Post
I've built horse trailers with living quarters over 20 years professionally, some over 40' long. How many have you made? This rig is engineered and reinforced to those industry standards which far surpass RV standards because you're hauling a live load and it's not legal to ride in a TT in most states. The entire conversion added just 300 lbs. The ProPride hitch and stinger weighed 250. I've towed this rig over 1000 miles with no stress problems. The tires are 225/75-15 S speed rated and load range D on two 5k dexter axels. which will support 10K. Like I mentioned earlier, even if it still had stock axels, there would be 1600 lb additional capacity. In short, you believe a person who could engineer a conversion such as this isn't smart enough to think of the axels?
I am on your side totally,, I think what you have done here. I would be shocked if they aren't on the market someday. It's just a way to put the weight where it should be,, over the axle not several feet behind it. Keep up the good work,, you have something here
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote