View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 05:32 AM   #14
Msmith2054

I take my GC with me when I will be somewhere for 4 or more days. My TV is a 2016 Silverado SB. I remove the tailgate from the TV and batteries from the GC after loading into the TV. Batteries have quick disconnects and are stored in the camper behind the axles in a wooden box lined with Flex-Seal. I have a set of 2X12 ramps that extend the bed length by 13” which is 2” past center of the GC rear wheels, and gives more than enough clearance for the electric tongue jack and front cap of the camper while turning. I also remove the back foot rest from the GC to get extra clearance.
Before the naysayers pipe up, yes, I have scaled this setup. At first I had to make a few adjustments, but the TV is not overloaded, does not squat more than 1.5” when all hooked up and loaded, and my tongue weight is roughly 13%. I carry what I need but not everything I want.
Funny thing is the camper tows better with the GC in back of the TV. Have not monitored the MPG that closely, but it seems to be getting slightly better with this setup also, but that may be just my perception spurred on by wishful thinking.
Msmith2054 is offline   Reply With Quote