View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 09:57 AM   #283
Tdogg0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledjed View Post
I had the same issue. There is 2 of them, one one either side of the island. Both of mine came up at different times putting holes in the vinyl flooring on either side of the island. I kept screwing them back down until one day I finally pulled off the under belly of the trailer to try to find out what they were for and why they kept popping up. They go into a cross member under the trailer. Looked like they were just holding down the wood flooring. Not sure why they had to be so long. The cross member is pretty light gauge steel and my guess is the threads pulled out from the movement going down the road, and he screws would work there way up. Not sure how important they are, but I guess they must have put them there for a reason, but they are the only 2 like them that I could find under the entire trailer. I ended up putting a washer, lock washer, nut and red locktite on both of them. It was a pain taking the entire underbelly off the trailer so I was making sure they weren't coming up again.
Interesting. So thoughts on what I should do? In the short term, I guess just screw it back in from the top and hope for the best? I just don't want anymore damage to the slide out, it's already loosened and damaged the slide from being caught...Thanks for the info!
Tdogg0413 is offline   Reply With Quote