View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 04:33 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolly23 View Post
Might be a stupid question, but, I was looking to get this level. Just wondering the best way to make sure you are level before installing it. I mean, when attaching the level, how do you know you are installing correctly to give you a proper read. Does that make sense??
First, there are no stupid questions. If you don't understand a concept, asking for clarification is always a valid question.

As chuckster57 indicated, get the trailer "as level as you can" then install the "big level". I used a 6' construction level. I placed it side to side on the trailer floor and leveled the trailer, then placed it lengthwise on the floor and leveled front to back. Once I had the trailer level, I changed the position of the level several times to make sure nothing had changed during the leveling.

After leveling and checking to be sure, I proceeded to install the level. Once it's installed, there are adjustments on the level mount to "fine tune" it to be "perfectly level". After adjustment, unless you bump it hard enough to bend it, it'll remain at the settings you adjusted to. Mine has been at the same settings (without readjustment) for almost 5 years and hasn't moved.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote