View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 01:45 PM   #33
JRTJH
Site Team

Just my "opinion" but here it goes: As for "PULLING" the 412, the F250 and F350 SRW have the same engine/transmission/rear ends as the F350 Dually, so the mechanics of making the trailer 'move down the road" will be the same with any of the three. Payload (pin weight on the truck) and GCWR/GTWR are the issue.

As for insurance claims, insurance regularly pays claims for "stoopid actions" like DWI, running a stop light, falling asleep at the wheel, and more, all of which are driver related mistakes or errors. Pulling an overweight trailer is also in that same category, a driver error, so I'd tend to think the insurance will pay for your obligations incurred in an accident, but I wouldn't think they'd be your insurance provider the following day..... They would likely drop you just as they would someone who caused a loss because of a DWI.

The issue, at least for me, is living with the realization that I caused someone to lose their life or be seriously injured because I wanted to "take the cheap way out" and pull a grossly "too large" trailer with a grossly underrated truck (rather than spend the money to upgrade to the appropriately rated truck). It's the guy in the mirror I have to look at and live with that would cause me to want to be in the ballpark with tow ratings/truck capability.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote