View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 06:07 PM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The only time I recall seeing a receiver "welded" to the frame of truck is when I had an aftermarket receiver installed on a Ford truck by a hitch shop. The rest have all been bolted.
The last receiver I've owned that was welded to the frame was a 1972 Dodge W200. That was also an aftermarket receiver. I can't remember any others that were welded, but I do remember that none since my 1999 F250 have been welded, all of them were bolted to the frame.

That's the reason for my concern with chay1950's statement that his receiver is welded to his frame. If so, it's very likely that it is not a Toyota receiver and it may or may not be rated the same as the OEM receiver. If it's aftermarket, it could be a class 3 receiver (class 3 and 4 are both 2"x2") he might be towing his trailer with a class 3 receiver that's rated at 350 pounds tongue weight and 3500 pounds trailer weight or maybe 600 pounds tongue weight and 6000 pounds trailer weight. Either way, the point is that the welded receiver probably isn't OEM and may be significantly under-rated for what he is towing.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote