View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 03:50 AM   #4
Weekender 1
Gone Traveling

Our main awning began to detach when on the second time out due to the fact the factory and its planing sucked major a** because there is no stud planing to put the awning up, I used
YYST 20 3/16" Deep Water Long Grip Tri-Grip Tri-Fold Tri Bulb Mounting Rivet - All Aluminum for Installing Kayak, Canoe and Boat Accessories from Amazon.
I added 2 window awnings on mine with fiberglass/luan walls 2 to a unit that had aluminum walls using the same method.
It wasnt recommended that I do it this way by this forum because it would pull at the walls which since there was no studs or header on any sort where it was mounted, well hell, have it pull off or chance it, chance it I did and now on the second season and I use ratchet straps to hold the awning down, NO Problems!!!!!
The wood they use to make these units, well if you pull the screws out and put them back in, they strip the holes out or the factory strips them out using power screw drivers putting them in using self drilling screws which drills holes to big.
We use command strips inside for light things and regular screws for little heavier things because the command strips melt off the walls.
Weekender 1 is offline   Reply With Quote