View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNBrew2 View Post
BUT, When the bedroom overhead lights are on the radio turns to static. I assume the overhead lights and radio are on the same circuit since they are very close together...
First, your link doesn't work, so I don't have a means to check which LED subassembly you're using. That said, yes, there are RF filters that "we used to use" to filter interference on the old AM radios in cars (back when they were 6 volt and cars had generators.

But, before you do that, have you swapped that specific LED assembly to a different one? You may just have a PC board on that LED that's defective.

As a fix (rather than rewiring filters into the radio) you might consider a different style LED array for that one overhead light. Buying one LED for that specific light fixture would probably be much cheaper and less complicated than trying to wire an RF filter into the back of the radio and/or the 12VDC supply to the radio. The RF filter "might work" to fix the radio supply, but if there's other items (like the TV antenna amplifier) on that circuit, you might introduce other issues.....

I'd suggest taking the easy route and just find a different LED assembly for that one overhead light.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote