View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #7
rcmike

Hi, I got a 2017 398,bought it back in January 17. Only problem I have had is the thermostat wire in the living room that goes to the control box near the ac cowling in the ceiling was wired to freeze and the freeze wire was plugged into thermostat. long story short we finally figured it out after having a nervous head banging breakdown. I love the 398 out of any that I looked at when I was shopping, jayco, Winnebago, grand design. I looked at them all. I put a sxs in the back or my victory bike. one thing I caught on to was, just about 2 feet is the dove tail on any of the garages. so a 10 or 11 foot garage is really a 8 foot of level floor and the front bumper is going to be up against the wall. Big no no for me after I started looking at the possibilities. With my 398, I can load up my sxs and walk completely around it while its tied down to the floor and open the bathroom door and the door to the living area. Not a big deal for some but it was for me. You can never have to much space in a mans cave garage on a Toyhauler. I also liked that the washer dryer hook ups are up in the front bedroom instead of taking up garage space which would prevent you from loading a sxs in the garage cause of the w/d combo sitting on the side of the garage. Yes I have a w/d combo and love it. The 1/2 bath in garage is all tucked away behind a door that's level with the wall dividing the garage from living area. On some models the camode is behind a door and the sink is out in the open in the garage area. Its all about what you can live with or like the most. I liked the big garage is the main reason I went with the 398. theres not very many at all that are made with a 14 foot garage by any brand. On the walk thru when your fixing to take home, just make sure everything does come on and stays running for the time while looking over rig. and I still overlooked a fault that I didn't catch before I left. Just my 2 cents