Thread: Slide Out Power
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
WaltBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVbear View Post
This is normal. It's wired this way to prevent the user from attempting to operate these large loads, slides, jacks etc. using only the converter when you are plugged into shore power. The converters are not capable of running these large-current loads by themselves.
Maybe for smaller ones, but I've been running ours at home via the converter with batteries disconnected by a knife switch on the positive feed for some time. Works no different than when running on batteries alone. Reason I put the knife switch in is I had to replace three batteries in the past on previous TTs that overcharged and boiled close to dry before I realized what was going on. Ever since the third, I've had one of these disconnect switches and a hydrometer - once the batteries are fully charged, they get totally disconnected.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote