View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 06:20 AM   #16
Wildhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
When you first open up the trailer turn on your stove exhaust fan and your bathroom fan to draw the hot air out. Run a couple of floor fans to circulate the air. You'll cool down a lot faster. Run the AC in dump mode until the trailer is to your desired temp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I'm unfamiliar with this term, but curious. What is the dump mode?

Well day one went well. We drove at 60mph with the cruise set and I checked the trailer tire temps right off at each stop. At the Lake Havasu exit from I-40 they were reading around 145f and all 4 were pretty close to each other. The front tire on the passenger side consistently funs a few degrees higher than the other 3. The temps on my truck tires were pretty close to the trailer tires too. While temps seemed high they were at least consistent with each other. Driving at this speed sure made us an obstacle out there. The semis were blasting past us like we were parked until getting to an uphill where we would overtake them again. What a pain in the butt being stuck to what seemed like the same trucks for long periods of time as we appeared to play follow the leader.

FWIW the roof A/C's kept the interior at around 75f as we drove and it felt like we were driving across the face of the sun when we would stop and get out of the truck. It was pretty nice to arrive at our camp site without a heat soaked camper.

2016 Raptor 355TS
2015 GMC Duramax Denali 1 Ton
2017 Polaris RZR XP1000 Matte Gold Edition
2012 Harley RoadGlide Ultra
Wildhorse is offline   Reply With Quote