View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:25 AM   #10
ChuckS

Smile

Glad everyone is enjoying their new Alpine 3010REs.. We love ours (bought Mar 2014) ..

I did a lot of research like everyone else at several brands with the same basic layouts, price, etc. The more I read various reviews I came to realize this:

.. each brand I looked at Keystone, Palamino , Jayco, Forest River had good reviews and had reviews that concerned me.
.. we could only afford to make this purchase once in our life time (age 60) and just two more years to retirement..

So we looked at each brand over the course of two years and just decided either it would be the Montana 3400RL or the Alpine ( we looked at this one last this year)

Based on what we thought we knew, what we could physically see, what we had read on the various forums decided Alpine was it..

** Regarding the post about the gray tanks that is weird! Both my gray tanks appear to fill as I would expect. The first one fills from the shower and sink while the other appears to fill from the kitchen sink.

** I opened gray valves one at a time with tanks empty and then turned on a sink faucet to see where the water would come from.

Filling the water tank is different than I am used to. Not gravity feed. I finally figured out to fill with my inline pressure regulator from hose and watched level indicator. When it got to 3/4 full I slowed down the hose flow and then realized the vent from the water tank in clear at back left side (DUH).. I then fill till I start to see some water come out of that vent.. Tank full.. Watched for a day to see if there were any leaks. None!

My fridge door issue I had with doors not aligned and one that opened during first trip are fixed after dealer adjusted, etc. Second outing was dry camp and towed on gravel road about 6 miles with some bumps, etc.. Doors stayed tight going in and coming out. Yes!

So far the 6 point level system is perfect. I run in manual for unhitch and hitch.. I raise fiver off hitch, pull forward and then hit auto level. Each and everytime the fiver will drop nose low ( supposed to) and then go thru its routine to find level. Takes about 2 minutes max. I use some 1 x 12's I cut into 12 inch squares.. Two stacked for front landing gear and 1 for the rest.

Outside motion light works like it should if I remember to cycle the switch twice. Love the little LEDs outside for steps..

Heater works great on both AC element and gas. AC works great boon docking when I run 2 Honda 2000's paralleled. I had to really think about spending this kind of cash for two of these generators but I can say it is the right match, they are damn quite, and will run everything in the fiver except both ACs at once. I found that I run wiht ECO mode off to start living room AC, and then once compressor starts I turn both to ECO mode and all is fine.

One generator will run the microwave with the TV on just fine. This was a lot to spend for these generators but if you want something that is quite, will last for years, starts with one pull, and is efficient on gas the Hondas are it!

Tires - I don't like these tires at all. Why?? Because I have read so many post about the factory tires blowing. I bought the TST 707 TPMS and installed 4 sensors on the fiver and two on rear drive tires of my Duramax for a peace of mind.

Pressure set at 80 cold. Within ten minutes of towing the pressures on all four fiver tires rise to about 88.. Rear drive tires on truck same. When we tow in hotter weather these rise to 92-94 psi.. Temps on tires appear balanced and they rise as well.

I will run these tires for this season then replace with something and also replace the valve stems with the screwed in all metal high pressure ones.

Long winded...
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote