View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
jerseyphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sod Father View Post
I had two issues with my last trailer.

1) I was backing into the driveway and, as usual, had my bride guide me in. We were using the FRS radios. I told her, "let me know if I get too close to the cherry tree". She said, "ok". Then, as I was backing in, she started looking at one of the flower beds. Looking in my side mirror I see one branch snap. I get out, look at the ladder and see one of the rails is bent. I look at my bride and say, "why didn't you say anything??". She said, "oh crap. Just.... well.... ya see... oh Christ, just back it in. I don't want to talk about it". Allllrightythen.

2) A week after I took delivery of my Rockwood, I decided to add a coat rack to one of the walls. Not knowing the thickness of the exterior walls, I called my dealer and asked. He said, "about two inches". So.... I bought 2" butterfly bolts, drilled a hole in the luan and and mounted the rack. It looked great! I hung a few coats on it and then went outside to do some other work. That was when I saw the bolts protruding 1/4" out the other side of the fiberglass. I got non-stop ribbing from my campering pals over that one. I backed out the bolts, put in smaller bolts and filled the holes with caulk. When it came time to trade in the Rockwood on the Bullet, I went to graphics place, got a 4' long piece of adhesive vinyl, cut it into a swooshy type shape and covered the holes. The vinyl blended in with the other graphics and the dealer was none the wiser. Fiberglass repair - $350. Vinyl decal - $10. A no brainer.
Oh well. Stuff happens. Gotta just keep smilin' and keep RVing.
jerseyphil is offline   Reply With Quote