View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
Ruffus

Smile Camping in a City???

What's happened camping? We use to go camping or Rving to get away from the mad house and the bright lights of the city, now they come to us. Sitting on an island camp ground at the Fort McAllister Historic Park in GA with spanish moss laden oak trees, no street lights or noisey hwy's and then the weekend comes. Campers and there children show up and hoist shop light buckets 30 feet into the trees to simulate street lights, laden their awnings with lighted diggle balls and their mats with colored rope lights (to keep the snakes away I guess) flood lights to brighten their pathways and their neighbors bedroom then they unload battery powered kiddy cars to occupy the children while mommy and daddy get drunk while listening to there window rattling music. I thought getting out to the great outdoors ment dark nights teaching our children about the stars while roasting marshmellows and making smores around the family campfire and if you needed a light we had these inventions called flashlights that also aided the children in a game of hide and seek while mommy and daddy got drunk around the campfire. During the day we also allowed the kids to play in the woods learning about mother nature, not terrorizing the neighboring camper by chaseing their dog with a battery powered car that they ride in.
"WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CAMPING"?
I hope I didn't offend anyone, just needed to vent a little. Have a great Memorial Day weekend and by the way, lets teach our children and grandchildren the real meaning of Memorial Day. Just a thought.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote