View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #56
Tufelhunden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCARLTON View Post
Here is the update on my soft floor issue.

Spoke in person with our service advisor this morning concerning our issue. He received permission from Keystone to drop the Coroplast bottom from the wheel wells to the back of the trailer. He also received permission to cut open the Darco fabric in that same area.

What he found was a total failure of the bottom part of the floor due to water intrusion that appeared to be from road spray. He believes it is being saturated from water when driving, water hitting the bolts that attach the whole structure together. He indicated you could see the black mold streaks beginning at and around the wheels and going towards the back of the RV. He said he couldn't stay under the trailer long as the smell of the mold as well as what was growing to the damaged floor was making it difficult to breathe.

I received a call from Keystone Customer service gathering information about location/etc, and this was to be turned over to someone who will call and schedule a pickup of the trailer and take it back to the service department of Keystone where a decision will be made.

So, this unit, manufactured November 2017 and placed into service May of 2018 is headed back to the factory soon.
Wowser. I'm glad it appears they are moving forward on this. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Tufelhunden is offline   Reply With Quote