View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #54
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBO Cookie Monster View Post
Dunno. I do know I’ve not come across a forum for rving that does not have cases of big issues.
Flooring is a big one though. Delamination, other leaks, frames cracking, it goes on and on. Every manufacturer. Pick your poison I guess.
When you "choose your price range" you essentially also choose how your trailer will be built (construction quality and techniques), standard equipment, size, option availability and even warranty. For the most part, every manufacturer has "squeezed the turnip" to draw as much blood from the turnip as is possible. They "count beans" to stay "one step ahead of the competition" or to "break even with the competition" (if they are slightly behind)....

You're right, every manufacturer has their share of "nightmares" and there's no escaping that. What really matters, for most problems, is how the dealer handles the issue. Some dealers will "go the extra mile" some dealers will "wash their hands and blame the manufacturer" while some manufacturers will stay involved and some manufacturers will completely ignore a problem.... Which dealer? Which manufacturer? Which problems? It varies from moment to moment, issue to issue and sometimes, I even think it's a matter of what color shirt the owner is wearing when he takes the trailer to the dealership..... I know, I know, but the point is, sometimes there is simply no reasonable explanation why something breaks, how it's handled and what gets the priority repair and what gets turned back to the owner as "not our problem"......

I wish I could tell someone which trailer to buy, which manufacturer is better, or not as good as.... But, depending on the day, that seems to change as often as the weather in any given location......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote