View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #169
ajk170

WNY Bullet- Wow! You've done a lot to your rig and I imagine it's a great rig as a result! I've often considered replacing my entry latch on my '15 Outback for one like you have but on other forums I've read a lot of dissatisfied people on their extended reviews (12-18months) of these things failing. While the keys work, the electronics do not. What brand did you go with?

The two upgrades we did this year was 1)added the sleep number bed (queen) (we have a king at the house but it's not for everyone) and the Torklift Glowstep (4 step) from etrailer. The steps were super simple to install as a retrofit and we love them. The in-laws have the MoreRyde steps in their 2018 Alpine and I thought I wonted that before I found these (I think somebody on this forum pointed out the Torklift). I like that they are adjustable, they connect to the ground, I can still get into my coach if the guy next to me in the storage lot parks too close, they don't dirty the interior, and they eliminate the spring-board effect of the OEM stairs. Lastly, I've tripped and stumbled more times than I like to admit on my in-laws stairs because I always step off to the side of the stairs when exiting their coach and the sidewalls on those MorRyde are rather large opposed to the Torklift. I initially ordered the three step (a little less expensive) but then Etrailer contacted me and wanted to confirm the dimensions and recommended the 4 step because to purchase an additional step is almost twice the cost of the paying the up-charge on the 4-step. Plus, you can remove the steps in the Torklift to adjust the height. I'm glad I took their advice because on our coach, the 4 step is perfect in most situations and if it's a little too big, the feet also adjust to compensate. Can't say enough good things about those stairs. Also, they are really light too and you can put either their lock or any lock on the stairs to keep honest people honest! (No I don't get compensated to say all this about their steps, but you'd think I do.)
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote