View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 08:38 AM   #71
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Seems like lately there are some folks just looking to get into a confrontation and then complain that their feelings are hurt. I think you are on point on the way we communicate here. Like all writing, the author has to write to the audience and the audience needs to have the comprehension level for the material. Often, in attempting to make a point, especially where safety is concerned, some respondents (raising hand here) will take a stern approach in conveying the importance when we sense the OP isn't understanding the response. I've been criticized for "jumping" on people and insulting someone for these actions and for attempting humor which some folks apparently think is not appropriate. I understand that with the written word you don't have the tone and inflection to convey the intent of words but I've seen a lot of adhanom attacks lately from some folks in response where the tone is crystal clear.
So my point with this winded response is this, I think folks should take a breath and reflect before clicking that submit button. As you suggested in another post recently, read the OP, reread it, compose your reply, reread it then submit or edit. John you have been the voice of reason on this forum and you must have the patience of a Saint. I for one appreciate and want to thank you for what you do and how you do it.
For me personally I'm going to stay away from this forum for a few weeks. The surgery on my cervical spine was postponed until 12/21 so I'm going to focus on Christmas and family without reading the constant discontent that seems to be prevalent of late.
Here's hoping you all have a happy Christmas, or holiday.

Marshall,

Yes, it does seem like we've had some unhappy folks from time to time lately but don't let it get you down. It's almost like the forum is becoming a reflection of what is going on in the world unfortunately. Hopefully it will get back on track since we all should have a common denominator - RVs.

Concentrate on family and Christmas; not on the surgery. Wishing you well on the surgery, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Come back and join in when you are up to it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote