View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 09:22 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Just want to expound on my earlier post:

What I worry about is any/all RV forums advocating the use of "free" Walmart parking as the way to plan a trip to new owners. As the sales of RVs increase exponentially, and, IMO, poor advice being given to new owners telling them to use Walmarts as a way to plan overnite stays (of course, pay for that by running in and buying a bottle of water and a pack of chewing gum), we are going to kill a resource that has a legitimate place for RVrs. I have never used a Walmart but would not rule it out completely because I might have an emergency or failure some day requiring me to do so.

If we finally make Walmart hostile to RVers that choice won't exist. Case in point; the Walmart I mentioned above was asked by RV owners at this park if they could temporarily move their RVs from this park to the perimeter of the Walmart parking lot when hurricane Michael hit (predicted to have a 9' surge here) - Walmart refused. I can only assume due to the bitter taste they have in their mouth over parking lot abuse. The RVs had to be relocated to the other big parking lot in town at a food store which agreed to allow them. As I said, we just don't want to abuse this courtesy until it is removed, which is what I fear will happen since I was told of the occurrence I mentioned.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote