Thread: Tow vehicle?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #8
bob91yj

I don't make this stuff up sports fans, it's straight out of the book, not interweb myths.

Straight from the owners manual...

Fifth-Wheel and Gooseneck Trailering
Fifth-wheel and gooseneck trailers can be used with many pickup models. These trailers place a larger percentage of the weight (kingpin weight) on the tow vehicle than conventional trailers. Make sure this weight does not cause the vehicle to exceed GAWR or GVWR.

Fifth-wheel or gooseneck kingpin weight should be 15 to 25% of the trailer weight up to the maximum amount specified in the trailering chart for the vehicle. See “Weight of the Trailer” under Trailer Towing.

The hitch should be located in the pickup bed so that its centerline is over or slightly in front of the rear axle. Take care that it is not so far forward that it will contact the back of the cab in sharp turns. This is especially important for short box pickups. Trailer pin box extensions and sliding fifth-wheel hitch assemblies can help this condition. There should be at least 15 cm (6 in) of clearance between the top of the pickup box and the bottom of the trailer shelf that extends over the box.

Maximum weights

Fifth-Wheel Gooseneck

1 361 kg (3,000 lb)

I'm not here to sell the OP a truck, he asked a question, I have access to the ACCURATE answers, so I looked them up. If you choose not to believe what the OEM's publish for their vehicles and prefer to go by what the interweb experts say, that's up to you.
bob91yj is offline   Reply With Quote