View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

I think a large part of the equation is mindset. If you (anyone) go buy an RV expecting that "that money" you spent, or committed to spend, bought you perfection and everything is going to be perfect; and if it isn't you're going to be upset every single time something malfunctions, you are going to be one unhappy camper. If it has to be repaired by a shop everytime...even more unhappy.

Realizing what you are buying is extremely important; a rolling box designed to give you all the comforts of home yet beaten to death every time you roll out on the road. Knowing and accepting that goes a long way in being able to swallow some of the problems.

Ours has had plenty of problems but all fixable, either by me or the dealership. Initially I was like many folks and got extremely irritated, both at the RV and the dealership until I accepted what I had and learned to deal with it. Now, it gives us little trouble but it still costs a lot of time and money just for upkeep.

Why do we keep it and like it? It gives us SO much more flexibility doing many things. It allows us to go and stay/see places for long periods that we would not otherwise be able to do. The more we go and do and see the more we love camping and the more we love THIS trailer....the one that gave us so many headaches. Heck, we even love to open the door and walk inside, it still smells new. Step inside, take a big whiff of that "new", "fun", "adventure" smell and then step outside and grab that ladder and polishing cloth and get at it; all invigorated by how much the camper means to both of you.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote