View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 12:51 PM   #17
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydodge View Post
Had a set of 225 80R 16's installed just over 1 year ago. Kept them inflated to 75 PSI.
We are about to head out tomorrow on a 3 week road trip, and so today, as I was checking inflation, I notice a small "bubble" on a sidewall.
Upon further inspection, All FOUR tires had sidewall separation to some degree.

I returned them to the dealer today, and they said they have never seen anything like that kind of damage. All the Techs agreed as they took turns looking them over.

They are replacing them, albeit with another set of Carlisles, which I'm not overly ecstatic about, this afternoon as we speak. If not for the fact we are headed out in the morning, I would have waited until they could have ordered me some Sailuns or Goodyears, but the Carlisles were all I could get (anywhere in town) on short notice.

I'll obviously be keeping a VERY close eye on the new ones.

I have informed the Tire shop that I will be interested to hear what Carlisle has to say about them, as they said they would be returning them for inspection.

FWIW, Date code was 4917.
Those bubbles are an early sign for tread separations.

Did those tires have speed letters on them? The separation bubbles are usually result from exceeding the tires speed restriction.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote