View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #25
sugarhillctd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegrad View Post
Not to deride you, as I completely understand upgrading tires right away, but why didn't you take Trailer Kings and resell them? When I upgraded my wheels and tires to go up a load rating and drop the Trailer Kings I sold the set of wheels and tires for $300 to someone who needed them for a utility trailer and a) wasn't carrying nearly as much weight, and b) didn't care about the brand because even a blowout won't hurt much on metal utility trailer. Just trashing them seems like throwing away good money on reselling the old ones.
That's what I did- I sold the 4 Trailer King tires (3 years old) to a guy who wanted them for his boat trailer. He traveled 2 hours to pick them up and handed me $100. DONE. He was happy to get them and just uses the trailer 2x per year.

I did pay about $100 each for the 4 new Goodyear Endurance tires but I mount and balance my own tires so no additional costs.

By the way there were no balance weights on the trailer wheels when I took the TK tires off, so they weren't balanced at all.
sugarhillctd is offline   Reply With Quote