View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 07:12 AM   #111
Nomadicchefs

Another update: thank you all for ideas, advice and experiments testing your own furnace output. I had a gas furnace tech look at the situation. The max output for the furnace is 200 degrees, and the vent reaching 185 is apparently still within this insane output measure. He thinks it's extremely hot, but not at what suburban considers to be dangerous. The vent opening seems to have been cut too large and did not align with the ducting the first time they cut it. Because of this, the hot air is escaping out from the "boot" that connects the flooring with the duct work. We have trimmed out the linoleum just to the edge of this piece, so that the metal isn't resting on it, but is instead resting on the wood. So far, this has stopped the darkening, there is no further heat damage to that area. It's only been a couple days, but I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes. As for it being a furnace problem, it is running as it should within its limits. Keystone, Suburban, Airxcel, nor my dealer were of any help. Lesson learned.
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote