View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #27
Rolling Along
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I guess my point is that the stickers (yellow, white, blue, green etc.) have your GAWR and GVWR on it. Those are important, significant numbers - some folks try to abide by them, some don't.

As far as the rest of the "questions", it appears you are confusing the designations from a VIN vs the legal limits of the drivetrain/chassis. I have built heavily modified vehicles - special use vehicles. Never gave a thought about GAWR/GVWR/GCVWR simply because I knew I wouldn't be using the vehicle to place me near any of the maximums. AND, the only thing/someone that was going to get hurt if things went south was me, not me, friends and unknown persons when a 10-20k lb. trailer went sailing along on its own, with or without me. Obviously YMMV.
Nope. I’m just simply asking some common sense, real world questions and I AM expecting answers from the folks who come on here pretending to be authorities on the topic. I numbered my questions so they can answer them in sequence to make it easy for them. Until then I consider their advice as nothing more then passing gas.
Rolling Along is offline   Reply With Quote