View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 04:07 AM   #8
cblong

is that 1060 lbs hitch weight what the book says or did you do any calculations to find that. Ill spitball a few things here to get in the ball park.
GVWR 7,000
Curb weight 5,625
fuel 26 gal 208
hitch 120
passengers 300
total 747

so I took some liberties with the weights here curb weight is the base truck no options if you have leather seats and carpet that will add more. fuel you have a 26 gallon tank at 8 lbs per gallon. hitch most hitches are in the 120-150 pound range. with a short bed like is in the crew max you probably will need a slider or auto slider witch is even heaver. hitch weight is not just the hitch but also the rails and any other mounting hardware too. passengers I did what the car companies do and put in two 150 pound people adjust that part accordingly. so that leaves 747 pounds of available payload. I know your truck could do more but thats what the numbers say. theres also one caveat here to remember. any weight you put in that fifth wheel in front of the wheels adds to the pin weight of that camper. when keystone labels a fifth wheel half ton towable they use a base model regular cab heavy tow package capable truck to say that. just because its labeled half ton towable doesn't mean yours could do it. that being said I think your truck could pull one of the x-lite fiver's. but you would be exceeding your trucks capabilities on paper.

Cougar High country 330 RBK
2014 F350 6.7 CC DRW
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax CCSB SOLD
cblong is offline   Reply With Quote