View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
That's a very interesting question!
My F250 was 3 years old when I bought it and AFAIK, the batteries in the internal tire sensors hadn't been changed. The original owner had had third parties do his servicing (ie not Ford dealers) and they didn't record what they had done. As of Sept last year, the tire sensors seemed to still be working, so ... I wonder how long they do last.
The sensors on my DW's 2008 Escape are still the OEM batteries. They are the "band type" not the "valve stem type". That's almost 11 years and still working.... Yes, I did let the "summer air" out of the tires last year to be sure the TPMS light on the dash came on when the tire hit a low pressure point. All of her tires activated the system at 20 PSI.

My 2010 F150 and both the 2013 and 2015 F250's never had a problem with battery failure or battery output. I do know that when mounting new tires, Ford recommends checking the battery/TPMS wheel sensor and replacing if defective.... No definition of what "defective" means, even from the service advisor. So......

According to one "Tire expert" the batteries in OEM TPMS sensors last 5-11 years with 7 years being the mean. https://www.tirereview.com/changing-...sor-batteries/

I guess my DW's Escape is "living on borrowed TPMS battery time"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote