Thread: New Hitch
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 06:16 PM   #9
racetech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02camp View Post
I have the Husky Centerline pulling a Passport 2521RL with a 2016 F-150 3.5 EB. When I purchased the camper, we traveled about 350 miles to pick it up. We left all of our gear at home so needless to say the dealer set the hitch up to match an empty trailer. Pulled it home like a dream. On our first shake down we loaded everything in the truck and trailer. It didn't pull terrible but there was a noticeable difference. We were only about 60 miles so I didn't make any adjustments until we got back home. Between reading the directions and calling their customer service, all is well again. Moral of story; load her up before setting the hitch up. BTW, I also had the old chain bars with a friction bar, you should feel a huge improvement.
The confusing part for me is my air bags. I can put whatever I want in my bed and get my ride heights right back to where i want them with a few pounds in the bags, pretty much cancels out any cargo I add to bed. Im gonna Load truck set bags, then add hitch and hook up loaded trailer and set up bars. If it feels out of whack ill go at it a diffferently.