Thread: Battery monitor
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 05:20 PM   #15
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Just happen to find a picture of my simple home made Power panel for RV power Management (110V AC and 12V DC). Hopefully picture will transfer OKAY. As should be, we have differing opinions as to what and how we do things which I think is the strength of this forum.

I guess I continue to view the DC portion of the RV power system like that on the 110V AC portion. I guess If I had a choice I prefer having more data than less. I understand others may not share my opinion and may consider some solutions as "DATA OVERFLOW". Like anything else they is a cost associated with complexity. As shown in these posts alone complexity and cost vary as well as data available to the user.

My guess is the simple plug in or wire in volt meter is probably $10-15 and extremely easy to install. Other canned applications will be much more than that and require a stunt to be wired in. Weaselguys has supplied a good picture of the shunt wiring. My investment less shunt wiring time and wire to the Power Center was around $20. We all have our way to float our boat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Management.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	19514  
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote