View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #19
wiredgeorge

Hughesnet is OK. Don't get me wrong; just very pricey for the 50 gig data a month plan. Also, if you want to run as a virtual VPN, it won't work with sat internet due the latency. I am not super hopeful regarding the AT&T offering as we sit down over the horizon a bit as our house is at about 1050' and the hill between us and the towers is higher by about 100 ft making tall masts unpractical.

We had line of site radio internet at one time from Castroville Computers and they had a send antenna up the hill to the northwest from us. It was on the side of a building and fairly high. We got the lowest level of service due to the signal strengh but we could stream 1080P video. The owner who leased the building saw the mast and was incensed and had them take it down and the mast was moved closer but lower and we lost enough signal where it wasn't workable. The company came out to extend the mast (really a pole) up even higher and the guy who was doing it was not the sharpest and he attached the guy wire to one side (of 3) and pulled it too tight and the mast came tumbling over and smashed my antenna out of shape and that was that. The company would not make good for the antenna and just wouldn't answer the phone when I wanted to see what they would do about their mistake.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote