View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #4
arturob

LED bulbs

I think most RVs use bayonet type 921 bulbs.They are clear glass with a pinched in glass base with two wires crimped over the end. There are lots of places on ebay and Amazon that sell bulbs that will work for you. For general lighting I use the warm white bulb ( color temp 3000-4000K). I find that the pure white (color temp 5-6000K) are a little harsh. The warm white light is similar to that produced by the incandescent bulbs you are replacing. I use the pure white over my desk and I feel it is good for "task lighting". Other thing to look for is the light output of the LED. You want a bulb putting out about 200 or more lumens. If the light output is not specified or if it is only 100 lumens dont buy. I did notice that amazon doesnt specify light output but one of the units they sell is rated at 3 watts vs 1 watt for some of the others. The 3watt bulb is the one you want. I have used pancake-style, flat panel and 360 degree bulbs and they all seem to work equally well. You should be able to get your bulbs for about $2 each. Do a search on ebay for T10 warm white LED and you should find what you need
arturob is offline   Reply With Quote