View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #4
Canonman

Grew up in Las Vegas. Very familiar with the road down to "Need Less".
#1 Always park in the shade. Just kidding. I'd suggest investing in a TPMS at least for the TH. They will tell you if the tires are running too hot as well as tire pressure. A well worthwhile $250 investment.
Your A/C should be able to provide about a 20 to 30 degree delta from the outside temp. It will be hot during the day but the nights will be nice. I know Bakersfield gets hot in the summer so you should have a pretty good idea of what to do to help keep the coach cool. Put out the awning (shade) pull the blinds (shade) cook outdoors as much as possible (in the shade) drink plenty of cold beverages!!
Your Duramax should be able to handle the heat but take note of your gauges if you are pulling a grade for any period of time. EGT can get way hot if the turbo is running full tilt.
We liked to start our dive as early as practical i.e. rolling out by 7 when it's still a little cooler and finding our next (shady) camp spot by 2. Yes, that means setting up in hottest part of the day but it's way easier on the Duramax. I'm sure there are other desert rats out there with more ideas and info.
Above all enjoy the trip!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1475 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	13155  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote