View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 05:54 AM   #18
Smitty75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubetcha View Post
What type of sealant did you pick up at Lowe's? The roof material on new campers take a special sealant, not just regular old silicone. Go to any camper dealer or online camper equipment supplier and check out their roof sealers. I personally go to Dyersonline.com. Fast, friendly and helpful service. I had a question about a toilet i wanted to put in my old camper. They were not sure of the answer so they called the manufacturer for me to get the correct answer. Then called me back. The roof sealant is made by Dicor.

The good thing is it’s not actually on the roof, it’s a small hole drilled in the Fiberglass cap for the led lights to pass through. All other penetrations in the fiberglass were sealed with silicone so I used the same. I expect that the leak is fixed, but again not sure on any internal damage. It wasn’t a lot of water (maybe a half cup), but I also know that it’s been doing it since leaving the factory. I’m pretty sure keystone is going to have it covered based on our conversations, but still planning to get it to the dealer when I’m able. Now with the storm over the weekend most things are closed down and the roads are pretty sloppy. So probably be Wednesday before I can get it over there. But I’ll keep on them. Not my first rodeo with this stuff.

Thanks for all the advice. And I’m probably not at the point of needing a lawyer, but will keep that in mind down the road if need be.
Smitty75 is offline   Reply With Quote