Thread: RV Covers
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 07:46 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
HA, HA, HA love that! Many years ago I spent a ridiculous amount of money on the best Adco cover made at the time. Followed the directions to the letter. A few weeks later I checked on the unit. A wind storm had torn the cover up and I spent a weekend with the buffer and compound getting all the marks out of the gel coat. The damned thing looked like the back of a slave building the pyramids. Never did that again!
I covered our Springdale fifth wheel the first winter we owned it. Plans were to leave in February to finish the winter in south Texas. We finally got the cover off the fifth wheel in April and headed to Texas just in time for the first of the 100F days.... If you've never tried to pull frozen canvas away from frozen EPDM roofing while breaking apart ice dams without damaging plastic vent covers.... Well, just accept that it's a futile attempt at cover removal.... I sold that cover the next fall, stored the trailer in a old manufacturing plant that was no longer business and had been converted to RV and boat storage. Two years later we built the pole barn and now I'm restricted to fifth wheels shorter than 35' because adding onto the pole barn costs significantly more than a new ADCO cover, something I'd no longer consider anyway..... I feel your pain at buffing scuff marks from an RV. Anyone who has experienced a loose cover knows that feeling and frustration...

But really, the suggestion to buy a 35 gallon black trash can to store the cover wasn't in jest, rather they do make an excellent "rodent proof" storage container that's easy to move with the wheels. Just don't forget and drag it out to the curb on trash day......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote