View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #23
Brantlyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lockwood View Post
Brant,

My son has an indoor riding arena just three miles south of 163 on 108th St. I can park there, but it would basically be boon docking with maybe 120v. I'm trying to locate a place to park for the 18th thru the 25th of next August. Which of course is the Iowa State Fair week.

I tried several, but they closed the first of November and I tried Griff's RV park just north of 80 at Altoona and they seemed very short on time and said no, too many long term people to mess with a person wanting a week lot.

The Walmart question came up because I'll be driving through from Sturgis and Google map says just under 10 hours and I wanted to split it up into two days arriving in Des Moines area early to mid-afternoon. So I would have more than enough time to get into a park and settled in before dark etc.

Tried Adventure Land and they're booked for that time period, but said call back from time to time to see if they get any cancellations. I asked if they have a wait list and he said no. So if there are any cancellations, it's just going to be a luck of the draw that I call when that happens. I guess I'll have to get my crystal ball in for repair...

I wouldn't mind paying for "a" night in the Sioux Falls area, just thought if I were to get there late in the day/evening etc, that it may be hard to get into a park before they shut down for the night. I just thought a parking lot may be convenient.

Here I'm making all these plans and I haven't even spent a night in my rig. I know, that's my fault, but been really busy and didn't plan on purchasing a rig until next spring when this great deal showed up and I could NOT turn it down. So for right now I have it in my subdivision house driveway and doing little things like winterizing, installing the solar panel wiring and controller, hooking up the washer dryer, changing out light bulbs to LEDs, mounting my new B&W Biker Bar this weekend in my Raptor garage for the Harley. I'd like to find another biker bar for my Honda Helix. With the biker bar you do NOT have to do any tie downs, just drive up into the garage and slide into the floor mounted locking mechanism and step off the bike, you're finished. When parked the lower bed mount comes out with just two 5/8" bolts and you can plug the holes and throw the carpet back down on the floor.

Okay, sorry for rambling on and on.

I greatly appreciate the input and the Overnight Parking Etiquette rules. Printed them out and will keep them in the RV.

Thanks again to everyone!

Have a great evening.
What is your son’s arena called? Or his name if you care to share? My family owns Burget Mill, a feed and grain store, similar to Griff’s. Your son might be a customer.

There is also Cutty’s just off the interstate in Grimes. Also two really nice state parks, Yellow Banks and Thomas Michell. They do allow you to dump for a suggested donation if you do end up boondocking. Also have KOA in Adel.
Brantlyj is offline   Reply With Quote