View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
Brantlyj

adding second a/c unit

Trying to plan out my mods for next year and need some advice.

When we bought the trailer a month ago I also bought a Maxxair fan. The trailer is wired for 50 amp so we have the vent and power in the bedroom. I planned to put the fan there but weather and other priorities prevented me from getting it installed (yes I know it's 12 vdc. There is a light I planned to pull power from)

Now that I have more free time to mull things over I'm wondering in a second a/c would be better. My wife was diagnosed and beat breast cancer the first part of the year and has been put into medical menopause because of it. That means despite the cold weather she's sleeping without covers, fan on hurricane mod and I'm sure if she thought she could get away with it would crack a window open.

As I've mentioned in other threads her idea of camping is a Hilton. So making the camper as home like as possible is my goal.

So I have a two part question. How much more cooling do you get from a 15k btu unit over a 13,5k btu unit? Also would it be worth the trouble to take the main unit which is 13.5k unit, move it to the bedroom and put a new 15k unit in the main living area.

Also what brands should I be looking at? Since it's in the bedroom noise level would be the leading factor right after reliability.
Brantlyj is offline   Reply With Quote