View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
We left Dumas, about 50 miles north of Amarillo, on Monday morning, daughter sent pictures from Wed or Thurs morning of 4-6" of snow, thank goodness we left when we did.
We grew up in that area, thought the wind, winter blizzards & blowing dirt was normal everywhere. Moved to Ft Worth area, it began to rain, DW hollered to come look out the window, I asked at what, she said the rain, I said yes, she said it's coming straight down!!!!

Moved from WTX to Guymon, OK for a couple of years and traveled back and forth thru Dumas numerous times. Later on it was one of the area offices for one of my regions. As you mentioned, in my life I thought high wind and sand were just what was experienced everywhere. Now, it is still amazing to us to go to other places and a 10mph wind is considered "windy"!

In our part of the country rain is very, very unusual so we get wind/dirt. Our home in the mountains sort of got us used to rain but didn't really think about it. Started spending winters in FL and we observed the "wind" just doesn't blow there. Most times there is NO wind and a windy day is actually just a tiny breeze to us. And the rain, seems to rain most of the winter and we love it. One of the reasons being able to RV is so alluring to us.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote