View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 08:14 AM   #13
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Old Merlin may have been pretty accurate. We live about 180 miles S of Amarillo and headed out to Lubbock today to pick up a new SUV at 8:30am. Started seeing vehicles with maybe 4" of snow on them maybe 40 miles S of Lubbock. Temp when we left Lamesa was 31. For us that is like "frozen tundra" weather .

My family all lived up around the Amarillo panhandle area and I swore I had never been to a place that had that kind of wind and snow when I was little. It still seems like a barren, frozen wasteland to me.....but I love it.

The cold spell has hit for us, such as it is. We leave Tues. for FL for that wonderful, warmer weather....what do we get? I'm following behind this entire cold thing with rain every day until we get there! Oh well, got some shrimp and oysters arranged for arrival to "brighten" the day.
We left Dumas, about 50 miles north of Amarillo, on Monday morning, daughter sent pictures from Wed or Thurs morning of 4-6" of snow, thank goodness we left when we did.
We grew up in that area, thought the wind, winter blizzards & blowing dirt was normal everywhere. Moved to Ft Worth area, it began to rain, DW hollered to come look out the window, I asked at what, she said the rain, I said yes, she said it's coming straight down!!!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote