View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 06:16 AM   #8
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy43 View Post
I don't dry camp (till now) and really don't worry about the water tank. I've never been able to get more than 10-15 gallons in the tank before it comes back out the filler tube. I decided to play with it some more and again try to find the problem. I put 10 gal in with a little bleach to clean and sanitize the tank, let it sit for several hours, drained it good and repeated with 10 gal to get a good flush. This time I was going to leave the water in as much as I could in the tank. When it started to come back out the hole I removed the hose and it started to make lots of bubbling noise and water shot out of the air hose with a "burp" sound. What was that I thought. I then stuck the hose back in to see if it would take any more water. Wow, I added another 30-40 gallons. Was this some kind of an air-lock or possibly trash in the air hose? Has anyone experienced some close to what I described? I'd really like to know what caused this. Appreciate your remarks. Thanks
Sandy
Here's your answer: Water Tank Filler with Shut-Off Valve
Catalog Item # 4674
- See more at: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping....T6qk5hLy.dpuf

We had a similar problem with our TT. Started using this inexpensive ($2.50) filler tube and can now fill the tank without having to "burp" the air bubbles or reduce the fill volume. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0700.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	471.2 KB
ID:	12922  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote