View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
twvette

Found most water was coming into the metal housing at the backside at left edge near where the motor/gears are located when letting the water hose flow water across the top of the awning housing. There was also a decent amount coming in from one of the housing mounts that holds it to the toy hauler in between where they had tried to seal the large screw but it was not a complete seal around the entire diameter.

It seems to me the design might be so that some water is supposed to seem through the butt connections/metal seems of the top of the housing but I could not see where that water was then supposed to drain out of.

Well, expecting good amounts of rain and I am only in the toy hauler every now and then and leaving today so goop'd up the seems that run across the entire top of the awning housing and the screw that was leaking. A little concerned will now get some puddling in the seams as its a recessed area but should not be much before it drain off the edges so will just hope this was the fix and monitor it.
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote