View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
Zoe

Unhappy Warranty Question

So, we bought the new 2018 Passport Elite 19RB. So excited! Love everything about it, it fits our needs exactly! Well, we haven’t camped in it yet, but did have fun loading winter storage safe gear. Brought it home after what we THOUGHT was a thorough PDI. (I know...evidently was NOT thorough enough). Covered storage was not yet ready and rain was in the forecast so we got up on the ladder to double check that everything was sound and we found, in the glaring light of day... a nail/screw pop, uneven decking under the rubber membrane, and good sized ‘bubbles, unfortunately, some with water under the membrane. Heartsick, we called the dealer, (here we will skip 2 1/2 weeks of back and forth discussion) but eventually find out there was improper application of sealant, water under membrane and delamination of roof decking which indicates water infiltration, and Keystone (warranty) has authorized re-roof. The dealer said they’d let us know what they find when they tear off the roof, that if the water has gotten to other areas they are back to the “drawing board”. I have read the Keystone warranty, and being drafted in proper legalese, find it somewhat ambiguous and unclear. If the walls, etc are affected by the water infiltration, what then? Mold time bomb, siding delam time bomb, etc...(From the official Keystone warranty pdf- “Back-Up Remedy: As a limited back-up remedy in the event the defect cannot be repaired, after receiving a reasonable opportunity to repair and after a reasonable number of repair attempts, Keystone may, at its option, either (i) pay you the diminution in value damages, or (ii) provide a similar replacement recreational vehicle, less a reasonable allowance for the owner’s use of the original RV. The primary and back-up remedies must both fail to fulfill their essential purpose before other uniform commercial code remedies can be obtained for breach of express or implied warranty.” We haven’t even “used” the camper which was winterized at purchase point, aside from one trip to home and one trip back for repair! ANY ADVICE would be extremely welcome. So far our camping friends have offered “demand they give you a new one”. Help! And thanks!
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote