View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 05:54 AM   #3
brad2388

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
The Alpine and Montana are going to compare very closely with each other.

We love our Alpine and the dual zone system. We have camped in both hot and cold. We don't have any problem keeping it comfortable in either. We can keep it comfortable down to around 30 degree outside temps with just the heat pump and fireplace. When it starts getting colder than that, the furnace is needed, which is good anyway because the furnace provides heat to the underbelly and all of the plumbing. Using the dual zone set to auto, the front AC will actually kick in from time to time to keep the bedroom area from getting too warm as the main living area is warmed to the set temp. I plan to add adjustable vents to the bedroom and bathroom so I can shut them off a bit, but haven't done that yet. We set it at 70 degrees for heating.

As for warm weather, we've been in the 90s and humid in MO, and the 90s and dry in AZ, never had a problem keeping it cool in either. We set it at 74 degrees for cooling.

Awesome! Thats good to hear!
What model year is your alpine?

Does it have one heat pump or is both a heatpump?
From my understanding only one is?
I thought the heatpump cut off at 38 degrees? Hopefully they changed that and sounds like they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote