View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 07:57 AM   #22
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
Bob Bo,
I feel your pain. Dealer told me I had enough truck also. I knew I was close and yes the TV did tow and stop the 5er. The (previous) truck didn't "like" it,but it did it. Being so close to the max I knew I had to upgrade my TV.
The jury is in and has spoken. That is a lot of trailer you have,but you know that.
I think your present TV is new enough that the "sting" (trade up cost to DRW) wont be so bad. Especially since dealers are looking to move new 2018 stock prior to the 2019 inventory arriving, I may be a little behind on this,but I'm sure you will find a deal. Shop around and consider the factory air bag system as well as the tow package options.
One pressing question though. The "weight police" have been mentioned a few times on here. Would they also be known as the "Keystone Cops"?
RMc
Trailer:
2017 Keystone Laredo 350FB
13K with max load
Pin:2085

Previous TV:
2016 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2L Gas CC SB Roadmaster Suspension and Tow package

Present TV:
2018 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7L CTD HO CC SB Aisin Trans -Fifth Wheel Tow Package- Air Lift Bags (ordered for rear)
In my 63 years I've been called many things....most of them not suitable for this audience as per forum rules.....but, I'll take it.....Keystone Cops it is!

And the reasons that I'm so adamant about choosing the the right size truck is because I was in the same situation myself....as many of us or at least some of us here have been. I've gained a tremendous amount of knowledge here from the kind folks that have been patient enough to bear with me through my "working it out" and "figuring it out" stage of getting a truck that will work for my T.H. I've got gobs of excessive payload capacity right now and that was my decision to go a lot bigger than I needed to for my present T.H. But, I was also planning ahead in the event that I may go to a larger T.H. at some point in time and if I do, there is more than enough truck there to get even one of the biggest 5vers available. 5270 lb of payload capacity will do that for you! Good luck on your search for the new T.V. and hopefully you find exactly what you want for the best price out there.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote