View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 06:09 AM   #27
Controller23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouleyfamily View Post
As someone who just recently upgraded my truck after pulling my 2017 Passport 217M with a Dodge Ram 1500. I would highly advise you get at least a 3/4 truck. I bought my Passport because it was well within my towing capacity (8,250lbs) and speaking from experience aside from the good amount of power from the 5.7l hemi every other aspect was a little scary. Even with an E2 Equalizer my truck squat so much that every bump went right through the rear axle to the frame cause all of my suspension travel was gone. Especially once I filled the water tank. I adjusted the WD to reduce the squat and all it did was twist my reciver on my truck. Keep in mind that my trailer fully loaded (water, propane, 2 batteries and things packed into the camper) never exceeded 6300lbs. Your trailer is larger than mine so without looking it up I'd say your loaded weight is much higher than mine. I bought a 2014 Ram 2500 CC Diesel at the end of December and my white knuckle towing days are long gone. On top of its ability to tow so well I sometimes forget my trailer is behind me I'm getting better fuel milage with my trailer attached than I got in my 1500 with nothing on it. I may be speaking out of line but it sounds to me like you were another campingworld victim. Kind of like this person in this picture.

That sounds like a problem with your trucks suspension to me. I have absolutely no fear of towing my camper with a Silverado.

And yes, a 3/4 ton diesel will out tow any 1500, by design. I however have no desire to get a 3/4 since it won’t fit in my garage and certainly don’t want a diesel.
Controller23 is offline   Reply With Quote