View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 11:25 AM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

I would be just as concerned as you and it's the reason I made my previous comments about having someone knowledgeable about RVs looking at it.

It sounds as if the items they counted didn't amount to your deductible so you therefore don't have a "claim' per se (payable), they close it, you go down the road and the next big storm you have a roof leak and they say...."not covered, lack of roof maintenance".

I would tell the insurance company you don't want the claim closed until it is looked at by an RV repair shop. TPO is tough but I can't imagine that it remained unscathed based on your description of the hail damage you received.

I had the roof on our house replaced 2 months ago. We had a fairly severe hail storm though not as bad as yours it sounds and I thought about the roof - and it was only 5 years old. Looked it over and could see spots where it hit but no tears, the roof vents and skylights were OK so figured it was good but called a roofing company to come look at it anyway. He said all those impact points I saw actually damaged the roof although they looked fine. It wouldn't leak right now but he said it WOULD leak at some point - might be 6 months, might be 2 years. Called the insurance company, they sent their adjuster out and he agreed it was totaled.....and the roof looked good. It was replaced.

I'm afraid you're being left in the same boat I would have been in if I hadn't called the roofing company - just go down the road because it "looks" OK and then have an unfortunate incident somewhere in the future that won't be covered by anything. Wishing you the best of luck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote