View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 07:03 AM   #1
Charli

Columbus or Avalanche -quality

We are going to start our 1st yr of Snowbirding next winter and are looking to upgrade our 5er. Lots of great new rear living floorplans with the bigger residential showers coming out so our prospect list keeps growing. Silverback 33RL, Mountaineer 331RLT, Avalanche 343RS and even a new Durango model. All websites claim they have the best quality of course but my DW has her heart set on the Columbus 320RS and from perusing various forums the quality complaints seem to be less than some other models (although could be due to being a new product).
I called up the salesman who sold us our current Cougar as they also sell the Columbus and was surprised when he told me he couldn't recommend the Columbus as they have had lots of them coming back in for service work. I'm wondering if, given that the Columbus line has only been around for a few years, if the bugs have been worked out.
Now we are back to square one and leaning to the Avalanche (love the drop frame). Just wanted to throw this out there to get some feedback on the brands we are considering. My main concern is quality construction and durability for longer trips as they all look very pretty with functional floorplans.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote