View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 07:30 AM   #16
penra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
X2 on the Redwood. I think there was change a few years back to putting heavier rated axles (8,000#?) under them. I would want to stay on the good side of that upgrade.
Depends on how you use it and where. If you will park it somewhere for 6 months and then move just 200 miles, or if you will be moving every week and going to all 4 corners of the country. If travelling a lot I would look for 17.5 wheels and disc brakes. And just me, I would have to have full body paint.
Thanks to all on this forum for sharing your experience, as a newbie it can be overwhelming to consider the options.
I bought an Outback 328RL and my major disappointment is lack of insulation (hot and cold) and space is so tight in the bathroom and bedroom. Otherwise it is a beautiful TT. Aside from my lack of experience (running out of propane and thinking the thermostat was bad ) no problems.
We have two leased lots in Washington and many people here have Park Models. I don't like them and would rather invest $70-80k on a rig that is movable but still comfortable in the early spring and fall (we plan to go south in Winter).
I don't have a tow vehicle yet. I was hoping to get a 3/4 ton HD (diesel) but am fine with a 1 ton SRW. Having only the TV in the south means driving it everywhere and I hate the idea of driving a DRW around town. From what I can glean on this forum (good info) it looks like I want to be under 14,000 on trailer weight.
I am considering getting a big 5er that can be parked year round and smaller 5er that we can take south (Cougar 315RLS is my number one at this time).
As to price range, $50-70k for the big one would be great. I think I can trade the Outback back to the dealer as it's only two months old.
thanks again!
penra is offline   Reply With Quote