View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 08:56 PM   #12
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I'm repeating myself, but for the price of a new Montana you can get a nice used DRV.
Otherwise, John is spot on as to the differences.
If going with the DRV, new or used, it WILL require a diesel dually as they are very heavy.
Another thought! If you did happen to find a good used Hitchhiker it will 10+ years old & nowadays, unless you plan to only stay at state/national parks, a good many of privately owned parks have an age limit of 10 years old to be allowed in their park.
We started fulltimg in '08 with a used '02 FR Cedar Creek that we quickly traded due to constantly repairing something at every stop. Traded for a '09 Big Country which after 4 years of fulltiming was showing severe signs of wear even with TLC on our part.
Traded it for a '13 Redwood (sold it in Jan this year) which after 6+ years of fulltiming & same TLC looked as good as new. I would recommend a used Redwood long before a used DRV, IMHO same fit/finish/livability at less weight & $$$$!
All this said to point out to not go too cheap for fultiming, but find something that you & DW are comfortable living in while traveling this beautiful country.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote