Thread: Warranty work
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Fantastic! I'm going to use your procedure as an example to the CW we use.
This would be a huge improvement. Only problem is the CW has way too big a service parking/holding area
Just call them and see what you can work out. My CW is PACKED with RVs waiting for service and it's pretty daunting just trying to pull in to get the trailer in line. Good thing is all you do is drop it on the jack and they maneuver it around the lot. If you drop it off with them BE SURE to look your trailer over thoroughly with a service advisor when you drop it off (they carry a little sheet to document any damage) and then when you pick it up. I had the misfortune of one of their "transporter" guys running something down the side of my trailer way too close and tore off the fridge vent and bent the awning arms - all replaced by CW - but, it can happen because they try to pack the units in like sardines.

When I need repairs, but need my trailer, I call and make an appt. for them to get it in and see what needs to be done. I have to leave it for a day or so for them to check it out and then they release it back to me until they are ready with parts etc. so I can use it. Then I take it back for the repairs - which could take several days depending. The bad thing about this scenario is that it requires two round trips to the dealer with the trailer. My dealer is 60 miles away so it's no big deal for others I'm sure it's not the same.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote