Thread: Warranty work
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

We've had this conversation.....extensively. Those that are "up in arms" are usually the folks that have zero idea how the dance plays between owner, dealer and manufacturer with over the wall expectations. Once you understand it, and accept it, which you must, then things aren't so bad . You HAVE to learn how to do the "dance", if not you are destined to be constantly upset.

So many of you buy things far away, from folks you don't know, get the best deal etc. etc. I've read so many posts of folks that bought an RV "over there" and then had problems. Then they find out how the dance works; a Keystone "dealer" has zero obligations to take care of your trailer under warranty since you bought it 5 hours away to save a grand. Whoops! Here you go....the dance.

I buy my RVs at CW. I get good deals. I make sure I am well known to the GM, service manager, sales manager and techs. I don't wait for "weeks or months" for service. I call them, tell them what I need and we set a date based on my needs (I am very aware of their situation as well). When I had a blowout causing damage and stopping a trip, they said to bring it in NOW and we'll have it out in a couple of days (extensive damage). I couldn't get there that quick so they set it for the next day (I was 4 hours out). When I request a mod that I can't do, we discuss it, research it and when they advise it will be $2-3k, I tell them to do it.....just make sure it's right and what I want. You just have to do "the dance". They won't break their back if the only thing you want is free gratis work.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote